Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins. Delicious & Easy To Follow Recipes From Woolworths. Discover Delicious Recipes & Food Inspiration To Make The Most Of Your Meals Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily.
Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins is something which I have loved my whole life. To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have low fat cran-blueberry. You can cook Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of 1% milk (can substitute soy or almond milk for dairy free option).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsweetened dried cranberries (such as Ocean Spray Craisins).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries washed and gently dried (may use frozen, thaw first, but fresh is best).
- It’s of Optional topping.
- Prepare 2 tsp of additional sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of non-food.
- It’s 12 of paper muffin tin liners.
In a medium bowl place the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. In a medium bowl place the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Gently fold in cranberries and blueberries. Line muffin tray with baking cups.
Low Fat Cran-Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place one paper liner per well in a muffin tin..
- In a medium bowl place the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine..
- Add applesauce, milk and vanilla. Stir until just incorporated..
- Gently fold in cranberries and blueberries..
- Fill paper lined muffin cups evenly until all batter is used, a little over 3/4 full each. Mix additional sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of batter in each cup if desired..
- Bake in pre-heated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over-Bake or they will be dry..
- Remove from oven. Let cool in muffin tin for 10 minutes. Remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely. Eat and enjoy a "better for you" muffin!.
- NOTE: If you would like to enjoy these warm you will have to spray your paper liners with cooking spray. Due to the lack of oil they tend to stick to the liners while still warm. They sometimes stick when cool as well, so spraying anyway may be desired. Although this does add a trivial amount of oil. They always come clean out of the paper on day two without spray, for some crazy reason. Lol. You can also spray your muffin tin directly instead of using paper liners..
Put bran cereal and milk in a bowl. One recipe of theirs that I return to all the time, are these low-fat blueberry muffins. I have made a few tiny alterations over the years but the basic recipe is theirs. These are great little muffins for breakfast or even as a tasty sweet snack. As previously mentioned these muffins are low in fat and low in calories, double win.