[Vegan] French Toast. So happy to find vegan French toast is possible and so good, thank you for that. We're so glad you enjoyed it, Christine! Thanks so much for the lovely review!
This recipe tastes just like traditional french toast without the use of eggs or dairy products. Use gluten-free bread if you're looking to make vegan & gluten-free french toast! Easy Vegan French Toast EGG-FREE & GLUTEN-FREE OPTION. You can cook [Vegan] French Toast using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of [Vegan] French Toast
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Chickpea flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of mixed spice (or pumpkin pie spice mix).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice milk (or dairy-free milk of choice).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegan butter or mild-flavoured oil.
- It’s 4 of thick slices of soft bread (white or wholegrain / gluten-free, if neeed).
If you want to wake up and make. A delicious recipe for vegan French toast. Add a mashed banana or a few tablespoons of applesauce to the mix for added sweetness and flavor. Add fresh berries or crushed nuts to the mix if you wish for even more variety.
[Vegan] French Toast step by step
- Whisk the chickpea flour, spices, milk, vanilla and salt together in a shallow container..
- Gently heat the butter or oil in a skillet..
- Dip a slice of the bread into the mixture and coat well on each side. Place in the skillet and fry on medium heat for a minute on each side until golden brown..
- Repeat with the other slices..
- Serve with fruit, maple syrup, berries, yoghurt… and enjoy :-).
Of course, finish it off with a drizzle of. My Vegan French Toast uses tofu instead of eggs and as the French Toast cooks in the pan, the custard starts to set a little and you end up with the same texture as you would if using eggs. It does need to become silky smooth so make sure. You will love this vegan french toast for its perfectly sweet taste and mix of subtle flavors, its texture, and how quick and easy it is to make. We used chickpea flour but you can also make this with all purpose flour.